TCT Awards Entry Terms & Conditions
These are the terms and conditions upon which each Entry to The TCT Awards shall be subject. If The TCT Awards (“We”, “Us”, “Our”, or “the Awards”) accept an Entry (“You”, “Your” or “Entrant”), You will be bound by these terms and conditions and Your Entry shall be considered and judged in accordance with these terms. We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time and such changes shall be deemed notified to You by their publication online.
The following terms shall have the following meaning in these terms and conditions:
'Category’ means each particular category of award as listed and detailed on the Website here www.tctawards.com/awards
‘Entry’ means your entry into the Awards submitted to The TCT Awards via the official website www.tctawards.com
‘Website’ or ‘the Site’ means The TCT Awards website accessible at www.tctawards.com
‘Voters’ or ‘Public’ means the public. This covers, show attendees, exhibitors, industry organisations and individuals within the 3D technology community and beyond. Voters will cast votes for the Hall of Fame.
‘Closing Date’ means 17.00hrs (GMT) on 23 June 2017 for Entries into the awards. The judging eligibility period for projects runs from 1 January 2015 to 23 June 2017. Any material that arises to support your entry outside this period will not be considered.
‘Voting closing date’ means 17.00hrs (GMT) on 23 June 2017 for Voting for the Hall of Fame nominees. Any votes received after the Closing Date shall not be counted.
‘TCT Advisory Board’, ‘TCT Expert Advisory Board’ or ‘Judges’ means a number of individuals who have been pre-selected as noted members of the industry and are members of the TCT Expert Advisory Board to Judge the Awards.
‘TCT Hall of Fame’ is a trademark of the TCT Awards and refers to a specific award category that is conducted via The TCT Awards.
General Terms and Conditions of Entry into the Awards
1. The TCT Awards are open to organisations and individuals that have seen demonstrable benefit from using Additive Manufacturing and 3D technologies within their projects.
2. The closing date for entries to the TCT Awards 2017 is 17.00hrs (GMT) on Friday 23 June 2017. Entrants may enter several Categories. All entries must be received by the Closing Date.
3. All entries must be made through the online entry form. Entries through other routes will not be accepted without express prior permission from Us. Please ensure you complete your entries by the date advertised, on submission you will receive acknowledgement of receipt. If you do not obtain such a receipt within three days, it is your responsibility to contact us to confirm its arrival. Unless you have this written or verbal confirmation from us, we cannot guarantee the arrival of your entry. Entry enquiries can be directed to Louise Barker, Group Marketing Manager on 00 44 (0)1244 952 394 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. We reserve the right to extend the closing deadline, amend categories, reallocate submissions to alternative categories or not award categories if our judges feel the entries received do not reach the required standard. If reallocation is offered the Entrants shall be given the option to progress under the new category or will be entitled to retract their submission.
5. If an Entrant submits an entry into an incorrect category the Entrant must inform Us in writing (email is permitted) immediately and re-enter in the correct Category/Categories.
6. The TCT Awards reserve the right to re-categorise entries if they think another category would be more suitable. However, they will not routinely re-categorise incorrectly entered projects.
7. Any information submitted may be subject to verification.
8. The following methodology will be used during voting for the TCT Hall of Fame Awards process. The TCT Awards reserves the right to change or amend this methodology at any time. All Entrants will be notified by email within 24 hours of such changes.
a. Stage 1 – The TCT Expert Advisory Board members will each put forward five names for nominees they feel merit consideration for Hall of Fame inclusion, ranked 1-5, creating the ‘Longlist’.
b. Stage 2 – The 10 nominees with the highest combined scores will then become the ‘Shortlist’.
c. Stage 3 – The shortlist will be published on the official TCT Awards website and voting will be opened to the public. The 5 nominees with the highest number of votes will be inducted into the TCT Hall of Fame at the awards on Wednesday 27 September 2017.
9. The judging panel’s decision is final. The TCT Awards reserves the right to change the judging panel at any time without notice.
10. The TCT Awards shall by way of a judging panel consider each Entry on its merits based solely on the information referred to in the relevant Entry. All Entries shall be considered in accordance with these terms and conditions and in the course of judging an Entry any judge may request further information about the Entry from the person named as the contact for the Entry submitted. Failure to supply the information requested will result in the disqualification of the Entry from the Awards.
11. Our decisions relating to short-listing and granting of awards in the course of judging the Awards are final and We will not enter into any correspondence or discussion with any Entrants on any subject nor will We accept any submissions or representations or appeals with regard to such decisions.
12. External contact with any member of the awards judging panel relating to the judging process, or its outcome, or any attempt to influence any member of the judging panel will result in immediate disqualification from the awards.
13. Winners are permitted to refer to the fact that they are winners and use the appropriate The TCT Awards logo in their own publicity materials for a period of 3 years from the date on which they receive the award.
14. We reserve the right to shorten entry titles for the purpose of the awards brochure and winner’s trophies. Please try and keep your entry title concise and to the point.
15. All Entrants agree to their entries being used for promotional purposes by The TCT Awards throughout all media channels. We reserve the right to refer to information supplied within the Awards Supplement or any other Awards related communications. Entrants may however mark sensitive parts of their entries ‘not for publication’ provided such restrictions are not used unreasonably.
16. When the entrant is submitting work/materials which are not their own/they do not own the rights to, it is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure that they have permission from the owner/3rd party to submit the entry and the owner/3rd party’s approval of the entry and any respective credits.
17. The TCT Awards accepts no responsibility for any incorrectly submitted information.
18. These terms and conditions shall be governed in all respects by the laws of England and Wales, and both parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
19. Please do contact us if you have any questions regarding your submission. All enquiries (including withdrawal of entries) to be directed to Louise Barker, Group Marketing Manager, Tel: 00 44 (0)1244 952 394 or e-mail email@example.com
20. Applicants will be shortlisted in each category and the shortlist will be published on or before 1 August 2017.
21. Winners will be announced at The TCT Awards Ceremony on 27 September 2017 to be held at Birmingham Town Hall, Birmingham, UK.