TCT creative Application Award shortlist 2017
The Creative Application Award — the creative industries, from art to jewellery to film and theatre, have embraced the abilities of 3D technologies to break down the boundaries between the physical and digital dimensions. Whether creating from a ‘blank page’ or digitising, manipulating and re-creating an object, the creative applications of 3D technologies embody humankinds need to invent and re-imagine.
Following some strong competition and an intensive review we’re delighted to announce that the following projects have been shortlisted in the Creative Application category for the TCT Awards 2017:
- 3D Systems - Anomalisa film - Partners: Starburns Industries
- Xrobots - Online Content Production
- Luma-id - Powerfist Warhammer Prop - Partners: LUMA-iD, REWIND, Hope and Glory, Protolabs, 3D Systems
- 3D Print Bureau - Sainsbury's Advert - Partners: Passion Pictures Ltd, Mackinnon & Saunders Ltd, Tri-Tech 3D
- Custom Prototypes - The Starry Night
Each of these submissions will be sent in full to a selection of the TCT Expert Advisory Board. The board comprises of experts across many disciplines, and judging will be split between those who are best placed to judge each particular category. Winners will be announced on the night of 27th September at the inaugural TCT Awards.
Please note: The applications include a host of partnerships that have taken the project from design through to manufacture, where possible all parties will be recognised in each submission. You can view the entry Terms & Conditions here.